Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Image result for math cartoons
This has to be that 'new math' they talk about. I was fortunate enough to go to the National Council of Teacher's of Mathematics convention held in San Antonio last week. I was able to collaborate with several of my peers from across the country (there were 7,000 in attendance) and enjoyed the classes offered. I want to thank Ms. Mackedon and Ms. Tisdale for letting me go. Here is what is happening at Oasis this week in math.

Algebra 2 -  Monday we did our Chapter 9 Test corrections. We we are graphing circles, ellipses and hyperbolas. Students will write equations of circles in standard form. We will identify mathematical patterns using sequence and series.

Geometry - We start the week by finishing the Chapter 10 Test and corrections. Students will recognize polyhedron and their parts, namely lines, points and planes. We will find the surface areas of prisms and cylinders.

No comments:

Post a Comment